Monday 14 May 2007

Chipboard

My scrapping style changed when I discovered chipboard. It is so versatile and forgiving.
As pages normally have titles at present I am using a lot of the Maya Road Chipboard letters, and my 'thing' at the moment is to cover them with UTEE. I painted these letters with Making Memories Lime Green paint and when it was dry I pressed it into a versamark pad and sprinkled with clear UTEE. When it was heated it left a pitted effect which I left as I thought it was scale-like. I did the same with the scrolls which I thought looked a bit like his chin and neck



With this one I used a red UTEE using 2 coats and by the same method as before for the letters and the arrow. The centre of the flower and the photo anchors were from the Basic Grey Undressed Elements and I coated these with Diamond Glaze and sprinkled them with microbeads


Again the scrolls were coated with black UTEE. It gives a lovely rich, glossy finish and before it is completely cold after heating it is nice to sprinkle just a little gold UTEE on the letters to give a rich finish.

They can also be painted, chalked, glittered, painted with H2O's, left bare, decorated with crystals and rub ons. You can punch holes in it for brads and eyelets, tie ribbon and fibre around it. In fact your only limitation is your imagination. But don't just stick with letters, use shapes and flowers. Cut out shapes using a Sizzix.
On this layout the letters were coated with diamond glaze and then covered in glitter and left to dry. The problem with glitter, as you may have found, is that it migrates but with a thickish coating of diamond glaze the glitter sinks into the glaze.
The scrolls I painted with H2O's which gave a shiny, metallic finish and I the added some crystals

3 comments:

Gillian Mowbray said...

Your work is really beautiful. xxx

Anonymous said...

I love your LO's, they are beautiful. Love the animals too. :)

Tessab said...

Your animal layouts are stunning. I didnt realise that UTEE came in 'colour', I thought it was just a clear medium.