Friday 4 May 2007

Fabric Paper Collage.
















To make fabric paper you cover a sheet of fabric (ie calico ) in pva glue then cover with scraps of paper to make a collage.
Include things like dried leaves and flowers.
Cover again in pva and then tissue paper either scraps or a whole sheet which looks good if scrunched.
To bring your collage together cover in a wash of watered down paint.

Leave to dry overnight if possible then you can collage on top.
I have sewn buttons lace and ribbon on top and added a picture.

I also burnt around the edge to age it.

4 comments:

Alison said...

Fabulous technique, Linda. Thanks for sharing. Love the piccies too!

Anonymous said...

This is very pretty. Thank you for the instructions.

Anonymous said...

This looks very pretty!

Anonymous said...

This is fab Linda, I love it - I did a lot of needlework and quilting before I got involved in papercraft and so love mixing the two like this!. Perhaps I feel a swap coming on?