Friday 4 May 2007

Distressing.














Distressing backgrounds for postcards.

Step 1 cut an A4 sheet of card into 4.

Step 2 crumple the card then smooth out flat.

Step 3 using the lightest colour first rub a distressing inkpad over the top
catching the creases in the card.

Step 4 spray with water and iron till flat .














Repeat steps 3 and 4 to add other colours.

My favourite combination is tattered rose,worn lipstick and aged mahogony.

Step 5 collage ontop incuding stamping.


I like to stamp in the darkest colour I used or black.
I also like to paint the backgrounds too.












































2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have created some really pretty combinations for the base of your postcards. The names of the colours are inspiring as well.

Cath said...

Gorgeous work Linda, I love the ATC's - your altered stuff is always so inspiring - can't wait to see more!