Thursday 26 April 2007

ATC'S

I have been collecting atcs for about 3 years now and my collection must be well over 3000, so I decided to show a few of my favourites.
The only important thing for ATC'S is the size which is 2 and a half inches by 3 and a half inches.


ATC's I have recieved as swaps.





















Here is a display I did at the library.


























Local library.

I have a group of friends and we meet once a week in our local library to Craft and Chat.
Our library has a hall and lets us hire it very cheaply so each week we decide on a project for the next week and then everyone who wants to can bring the items required and join in.
Some prefer to sew or knit or just watch and we all chat.

Next week we are doing a simple tag accordian book.

Instructions.

Needed
4 tags
Sheet A4
paperglue or ds tape
hole punch
ribbon or fibres
quotes
embellishments

1.Stick the 4 tags along the bottom of the paper leaving a small gap for folding between each tag.

2.Score between each tag and fold.
3.Trim the paper around each tag.
4.Make holes in the paper in the same place as on the tags.
5.Put ribbon or fibre in each hole if wanted.
6.Decorate the inside with quotes or pictures if preferred.
7.Decorate the cover.

I will show some pictures of the results next week but here is one I did a while ago but I added a pocket to the bottom and put an atc on each tag.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely ATCs Linda. There are some great images there, including your stamped ones. I might try one of those books one day. You make it sound very easy.

Gillian Mowbray said...

Some lovely work there, Linda. Your ATC collection is amazing!

Alison said...

Linda -

Thank you for posting those instructions for a tag book. You have made it very easy to follow, and the images are lovely! I look forward to hearing about the group got on at the library next week. I wish we had that facility down south!

Tessab said...

You have a wonderful collection of ATCs Linda. I look forward to hearing how the group gets on at their next meeting. :)

Anonymous said...

I really like your tag books, they are great! Your weekly group sounds like a wonderful escape from Groundhog day!

Gilly said...

3000 ATC's? I knew you had a lot Linda but didn't realise it was that many!

Some great work here.

Congratulations on your first blog post BTW!

Miss Sarah Jane said...

Wow, all those ATC's look fantastic!! Thank you for sharing. I've been wanting to try ATC's properly for a while. I did have a little go once, but need to get back into it.