Wednesday 25 April 2007

Here's . . Margot!

Hello everyone and welcome. I’m Margot and I look forward to chatting with you over the coming weeks. Like Jilly, I am a new kid on the blog so please be gentle with me.

I have been married for more years than I care to admit and have two adult sons who live away from home, a 17 month old alsatian who thinks he’s the Tasmanian Devil and an 11 year old cat who acts like Zsa Zsa Gabor. I left the ranks of the gainfully employed about 18 months ago and became self employed a year ago this Saturday. That time has really flown!

Having been crafty most of my life I now find I have very little time to indulge my creative side but I hope to start rectifying that soon. Currently, scrapbooking is my favourite craft and I am really looking forward to scaling the mountain of photos I have and start turning them into lovely albums. I came to scrapbooking about 4 years ago via QVC when I realised this would be an ideal way to display my family tree – genealogy being a passion of mine.

I think I must fall into the category “others too who have a sparkling wit and so much to offer us” to quote from Jilly’s introduction. That remains to be seen, LOL, but I am definitely in Madge’s Grumpy Old Woman category.

5 comments:

Miss Sarah Jane said...

Hello Margot! A lovely first blog entry. I am looking forward to many more!

Gilly said...

Well done Margot! Not a grumpy sentence in sight!

Tessab said...

Perhaps we can look forward to some blog entries on genealogy from you x

Sue D' Nomme said...

Well done Madam Margot!! See - you did it without the aid of a safety net!

Anonymous said...

Hi Margot, lovely 1st entry. I think Tessab had a great idea, I know nothing of genealogy or where to start, it would be a great blog topic!