Monday 30 April 2007

If I'd known you were coming I'd have baked a cake

If I have visitors for dinner and have had a busy day and I know that I won't have time to make anything fancy, rather than pop down to Tesco for a fruit flan I make this quick and tasty one.



You will need:

1 packet of desert pastry

1 tub marscapone cheese

icing sugar

fruit (fresh or tinned)

jelly glaze



Roll out the pastry and line a flan case. Bake blind (i.e. prick the base cover with greaseproof and fill with baking beans)

Cook until the pastry is set and then remove the greaseproof and baking beans. Cook until golden.

Put the marscapone into a bowl and add a little icing sugar to sweeten. (Not too much as the fruit will add sweetness.

Spread into the cooled flan case.

Cover with fruit. I usually use fresh fruit but often add some tinned fruit as the syrup makes a mix with water for the jellly glaze

Make up the jelly glaze and spoon over the fruit.

Simple eh!!!

Then serve and watch it disappear. The compliments will follow

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Yum! I am going to drop in on you if thats what you make. LOL!

Unknown said...

Me too!! Party anyone?....

Anonymous said...

yum, yum. I have copied the recipe down thank you. xx