Sunday 29 April 2007

Mid-Life Crises Are Us!




Hello everyone,

I’m so pleased to have been asked to contribute to this blog.

I’m a single Mum to a twelve year old (almost thirteen actually Mum!) diva princess, and an 8 year old WWF Wrestling Champion so as you can imagine, life gets a little lairy sometimes!

I’ve written creatively for a good few years now and subjects include anything from irreverent observations on everyday life to a bit of silly poetry, which I hope won’t mind me sharing with you from time to time.

As I’m careering towards age forty without the aid of brakes or a safety net, then some of the observations will be made with that in mind. I will warn you however that I have a sense of the ridiculous and this may come to the fore now and again!

I’d like to share with you a poem I had published in the Daily Mail earlier this year. Out of the list of things to do within that poem, I’ve managed the nose piercing – the task of bedding of the whole of Take That is currently being pursued!






Mid Life Crisis




I think I might be having a crisis

A mid-life crisis at that

I’ve developed an overwhelming desire

To bed all the guys in Take That.



I want a tattoo on my shoulder

My kids’ names inked in hearts and swirls

My nose pierced with a single diamond

To sparkle when I go out with the girls.



I need an I-pod, a lap-top and a boom-box

A credit card with no charge to me!

And I hear that sat-nav comes as standard

In a brand new silver Audi TT.


I need over-the-knee boots and a hand-bag

From Dolce Gabanna , no less.

The waiting list for the new Nintendo DS

Has been causing me no END of stress



I think I might be having an epiphany

A dawning that something’s not right

When you’re my age you’re supposed to know better

Than to hang around on street corners at night



But the Nike trainers are great on me bunions

And my hoody top keeps out the chills

I’ve been down to the shops on my skateboard

Hey I know how to get my cheap thrills.



Don’t ‘diss’ me man, I’m still growin' up

I’m still allowed to be a little bit naughty

I’ve got a whole five months worth of playing to do

Until I reach adulthood at forty!


8 comments:

Miss Sarah Jane said...

awesome poem! I loved it the first time and I still love it now. It definately deserved to get published! I do hope you submit more of your work for publication because you have too much talent to waste!

I look forward to reading more of your writing on this blog!

LME said...

Great poem Kim

Alison said...

Hello Sue - you might have to think of a different pen name when you are a rich and famous writer! Great kick-off - and may everything in your pome come true -even the wude bits errrrr ummmmm!

Gillian Mowbray said...

Fab poem!

Anonymous said...

I think the poem is great because it is so true. More power to you pen, my dear.

Gilly said...

Love this pome! (Our own spelling!)

You go girl. Life's too short to wait for things to happen and your poetry will bring a smile to the blog.

Shall I borrow the TT and we'll go out for the day?

Anonymous said...

What a GREAT Poem! You have such great talent! I am definitely looking forward to reading more of your work. You made me smile on a bad day, Thankyou!

Jillybean said...

I love that poem - and I want that bag