Saturday 28 April 2007

Hello, a little introduction!

Hi there everyone! My name is Sarah, I'm 27 and I've been scrapping for about 4 years now. I first discovered Scrapbooking through my older sister, who started scrapping not long after the birth of her first daughter. I thought it would be a nice idea to have a go at making a few layouts for the album myself. 1 trip to a scrapbook shop, £90 and four layouts later, I was hooked and haven't looked back since! I suppose you could say I've been scrapbooking all of my life though, as I used to keep holiday diaries as a child. Along with my journaling I would stick in photos, postcards, leaflets, serviettes, tickets - you name it! I still have the diaries and it's wonderful to look back on them. Before Scrapbooking, I dabbled in other various arty, crafty things such as card making, glass painting, encaustic art, jewellery making, drawing, painting and quilling, but never felt that any one of them was for me. I finally feel like I've found the hobby for me now though, and have also made many wonderful friends, who I am truly grateful for.


Since starting Scrapbooking, I have been on various design teams over the years, and am currently on the Jillybeans Scrapyard Design Team. I also design the bi-monthly kits for Jillybeans Scrapyard, along with various one off kits for different events on UKScrappers. I've been published several times in UK Scrapbooking magazines, which was amazing as I never thought I'd see my work in print.


I'm really looking forward to sharing my thoughts, inspiration, work and life with you over the coming months. I hope you're enjoying this blog so far, I know I am!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, Great 1st entry dear! I have to say that everyone who see's Holly's album thinks you have an amazing talent. Now I just need you to to some LO's for Kirra, as I have no inspiration LOL.

Gilly said...

Hello Miss Sarah Jane!!!

You have an amazing talent as we're all constantly telling you. Looking forward to seeing more of it on this blog!