Wednesday 25 April 2007

BRADS, BRADS AND MORE BRADS

I have a confession to make . . . . . . I am a bradaholic. I am actually quite obsessive about other things too but this admission is enough for now. I just love how each one is a little shiny shape of perfection and so versatile! They can be used as punctuation, centres of flowers, accents, photo corners, and designs in their own right to name just a few uses. They are easy to place too - anywhere on a scrapbook page or card, without the need for special equipment. They can be customised, if desired, with paint or nail varnish, embossed, decorated with rub-ons or glitter - just let your imagination fly!

I got my latest fix last week when these little sweeties arrived from Jillybeans Scrapyard.



By Queen and Co., they are just so cute – teeny little
plain and patterned hearts and flowers in three scrummy
colour ways - purples, greens and black/white.

I had to treat myself to their bigger cousins too.












These are about the size of a 10p. The flower ones come in the same range of colours as the mini brads. The round ones come in a choice of 8 colours and you can also buy cute, matching
heart and flower shaped buttons too.

While you’re checking out the brads at Jillybeans have a look at this felt ribbon, also by Queen and Co.



Isn't is great! ! It comes in 6 lovely colours and is about 3" wide. It could be used just as it is or individual flowers could be snipped out. Careful snipping a little way in from the edge will produce a thinner ribbon with a more indented design, a bit like a funky daisy chain.

I love the way this undulates and it makes a great border. Further snipping will produce gentle swathes of flowers that look lovely as photo corners or general embellishments. That’s not all! The felt is thick enough to take glue and glitter or coloured pens and inks without warping so you can really go to town and customise it. Or just jazz up the centre of the flowers with a few strategically placed gems, buttons . . . . . . or brads.

8 comments:

Gillian Mowbray said...

Brilliant. I love brads too and your enthusiasm really comes across. I haven't seen that ribbon before and would have hummed and haa-ed about it but you've shown how versatile it is - thanks! xxx

Cath said...

OH!!! Thems the things I got with my vouchers! I got the purple hearts, black hearts, red circles and black flowers, and the black felt - can't wait too use them - another bradaholic here!

Alison said...

I am not soooooo mad on brads - I've already got loads, and that comment about the carbon footprint scrapper the other day means that I do feel compelled to use some of them before buying more!

Now, that felt ribbon though - is another matter ENTIRELY - it is GORGEOUS! Must dash - I wonder where to? Great information, Margot .....

Miss Sarah Jane said...

oooohhhh those brads are gorgeous!!!! But.. that ribbon, now THAT I must have! The idea of cutting it is awesome! I can see LOTS of possibilities with that ribbon now! Thank you for sharing, I am inspired.

Gilly said...

I love brads as well and have loads but I don't have any of that ribbon. Thanks for the ideas Margot.

Leave some for me you lot!

Tessab said...

I have some of the brads, although I am more an eyelet person. When I was looking at the ribbon, I felt it might be too wide. Of course not thinking it could be cut. DUH!!

Sue D' Nomme said...

Brilliant first posting Gill - those ribbons and brads are all absolutely scrummy! Love the idea of trimming the felt ribbon in to shape xx

Anonymous said...

I too love brads! They are really pretty ones that you have there. The ribbon is amazing,I would never have thought to cut it that way......would be great for a border.