Tuesday 24 April 2007

A Visit to the Zoo

I have never been much of a photographer, point and click and hope that something is worth looking at, but since I have been scrapbooking and seen some of the outstanding photographs in layouts, I have become more aware of the subjects that I am photographing.




I love animals and my ideal day out is a visit to a zoo, and this has encouraged me to think more about taking a good photograph. We are very lucky in as much as we have a small zoo locally. It is more of a pet zoo as it doesn't have the larger animals but makes for a great day out for both adults and children

Drusillas nestles at the base of the South Downs, near Lewes in East Sussex, and has penguins, flamingos, monkeys, meerkats and otters to name a few. There is also a fantastic childrens playground and a small railwway where Thomas the Tank Engine, Annie and Clarabel will take you for train rides around the zoo. If you are ever this way it is well worth the visit and will occupy most of your day. I have a membership ticket which allows me to visit at anytime and I popped in last week and took these photos











































11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! Fabulous photos and great depth of colour.

Gillian Mowbray said...

Wonderful photos! Is that a red panda? Congrats on youtr first ever blog post - I look forward to lots more. xxx

Miss Sarah Jane said...

Those photos are beautiful! I would love to visit Drusillas one day. Perhaps next time we're all down your way! LOL!!.

I certainly agree that scrapbooking makes you look at taking photos totally differently. It was the same for me!

Tessab said...

Fabulous photographs. The colours are so clear xx

Jillybean said...

The one sitting in the log is a coati, Madge, and the other one a ruffled lemur

Anonymous said...

Absolutely fab photos Wayfey - I'm in awe! Stikks xx

Pablo said...

Those are really fab photos. We will have to visit Drusilla's when we're down Sussex next time.

Cath said...

What beautiful photos! I wish I could take photos as good as this!

Anonymous said...

Stunning pictures, I do love Zoo's. My children get bored long before I do and I take way to many pictures LOL!

Anonymous said...

Great piccies! I love taking my girls to the Zoo. You have inspired me to take them now.

Alison said...

Those photos are amazing, Mrs Jillybean. I think it is wonderful that you have found your photography "niche" - they're all rich and colourful, and you have a knack for thinking of really witty titles for your layouts!