Wednesday 25 April 2007

Meet Alison

My name is Alison – Ali to my scrapbooking friends, or Alibri on UK Scrappers – and – here comes the confession part – I am addicted to all things even loosely related to scrapbooking. I have been scrapbooking now for just over three years, even though I have been “cutting and sticking” into my photograph albums for many years. I love learning anything new that might, in any way, shape or form, appear at some time on a scrapbooking page, however vague it’s association!

In order to support my addiction to buying stash, I have become involved in the industry on a different level. I started teaching scrapbooking classes at local craft shops two years ago, and taught at my first retreat very recently – the lead-up was a bit hairy, but I thoroughly enjoyed it and learnt so much about myself in the process - a wonderful learning experience, hopefully for all concerned!

I have been published in many UK publications, and until recently was part of the Design Team for Creative Scrapbooking, which sadly published its last issue in January 2007. My interest now also extends beyond scrapbooking to mixed-media collage, painting, photography, digital art and papercrafts in general. Though I think it could be difficult to define my style, common elements include lots of colour and dimension. I guess you could call me an “altered” scrapbooker, which more aptly may also describe my mental state!

I love the social aspect of scrapbooking, and this wonderful hobby has also blessed me with many friends, both on-line and local. There is nothing I love more than getting together with like minded crafty people to scrap, talk, eat and shuffle paper around, however much I may dislike the packing and unpacking! I am currently engaged in the journey to live life more creatively, however that may unfold.

5 comments:

Miss Sarah Jane said...

Lovely entry, Ali. I think it sums you up perfectly. One thing I love about your layouts is that you use so many unusual things on them, things I wish I would have thought of!!

Gilly said...

Hi Ali,
I agree with Sarah, plus I love the way you use up all your scraps so effectively. A real carbon footprint scrapper if there is such a thing!

Anonymous said...

Your work is amazing and I enjoyed reading your entry very much (I too have an 'altered' side lol)

Anonymous said...

Hi Ali,
I would love to have as much inspiration as you,... as all of you girls actually. You have some lovely work there.
Jenny.

Tessab said...

I have to agree with Sarah and Gilly. Your layouts are always so touchy feely.