Monday 23 April 2007

Simply blue


I love simple flowers like poppies and daisies. I also have a soft spot for Forget-me-nots and allow them to self-seed in my garden along with Love-in-a-mist. Somehow nature always manages a far better floral display than anything I've achieved with planting plans. I wonder who first gave those flowers their common names - so much nicer than Myosotis or Nigella.Each tiny flower is so perfect in close-up and the recent warm weather has faded them quickly into soft shades of lilac and pink. True shabby chic!

6 comments:

Miss Sarah Jane said...

The forget-me-nots are beautiful, they remind me of my Grandma's garden, she loved them.

Tessab said...

Whilst I wouldnt want you to take this as gospel.. I believe the Victorian women gave flowers their common names so they could pass messages on to their beaus :).

Clare said...

I do hope that's true Tessa its a lovely thought!

missed you girls around, great to 'see' you all :D

Unknown said...

I am really looking forward to reading all your posts. I am already inspired by the first three posts>

Jillybean said...

I love your photography. It is alsways so crisp and colourful, and your designs are so beautiful. Once again the colours are incredible

Anonymous said...

I love forget-me-nots! That is a beautiful photo.